This competition has now closed.
We want to reward and inspire a low-waste lifestyle so, in celebration of National Recycling Week, we’re giving away a massive Goodies Pack!
If you’re wondering what common household items can be reused or recycled, take a look at this article and upskill your recycling basics!
There are plenty of ways to get involved, from setting up a new recycling system for your home or work, hosting a swap party, or checking out your local community events – you might even pick up a new tip or two that you can share with friends and family.
To help kickstart your recycling passion, explore the exciting contents of our Recycling Week Goodies Pack:
- JOCO Reusable Glass Cup Regular 12oz – Vintage Green
- EVER ECO Bamboo Cutlery Set With Organic Cotton Pouch
- EVER ECO Stainless Steel Bento Snack Box
- EVER ECO Reusable Produce Bags Organic Cotton Net – 4 pack
- BOOK – A Family Guide To Waste-Free Living
- BOOK – Quitting Plastic
- THAT RED HOUSE Organic Soapberries
- 4 MY EARTH Food Covers – set of 4
- EVER ECO Bamboo Straws – 4 pack
- EVER ECO Nut Milk Bag U-Shaped Design
- THE AUSTRALIAN NATURAL SOAP CO Original Solid Shampoo Bar
- EVER ECO Tote Bag
- THE NATURAL FAMILY CO. Bio Toothbrush – twin pack
- EVER ECO Reusable Fruit & Veg Bags + Storage Pouch – 4 pack
- THE FAMILY HUB ORGANICS Vegan Food Wraps Kitchen Set
- WOOHOO Surf Deodorant Paste
- EVER ECO Stainless Steel Bottle Insulated 750ml – Sage
- GREETING CARD Complimentary Card.
A native tree will also be established in regional Australia through the Carbon Neutral Charitable Fund.
This competition has now closed.
Learn more about recycling
Interested in finding other ways to cut your waste and own your impact?
Why not sign up to our 21-Day Detox, check out some of our Top Tips or be inspired by others who are doing interesting things to reduce waste
Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter of this competition (“competition”) is the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation, of 8 Davidson Terrace, Joondalup Western Australia 6027 (“Promoter”).
- Own Your Impact is an initiative of the WA Government, managed by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation of Western Australia.
- By participating in this competition each entrant accepts these terms and conditions. Any instructions on how to enter this competition set out in promotional material published by the Promoter forms part of the terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and information or instructions set out in the promotional material, these conditions will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- To be eligible, entrants must be Western Australian residents and aged 18 years and over.
- Employees (or immediate family members of employees) and contractors of the Promoter and third-party organisations affiliated with the Own Your Impact website and Facebook pages are not eligible to enter.
- Entries will be accepted between 10:00am (WST) Tuesday 12 November 2019 and 11:59pm Sunday 17 November 2019 (“Competition Period”).
- To enter, a person must sign up to the Own Your Impact mailing list during the Competition Period by fully and correctly completing the online form at https://ownyourimpact.com.au/win. The validity of an entry will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. If more than one entry is received from a person, only the first entry will be valid. If you have previously signed up to the Own Your Impact mailing list but wish to enter the competition you may re-subscribe during the Competition Period to be in the running for the prize draw.
- The prize includes 1 x Custom Green Living Gift Hamper, valued at $434.50, and includes shipping and GST. The gift hamper is comprised of the following items:
-JOCO Reusable Glass Cup Regular 12oz - Vintage Green;
-EVER ECO Bamboo Cutlery Set With Organic Cotton Pouch;
-EVER ECO Stainless Steel Bento Snack Box;
-EVER ECO Reusable Produce Bags Organic Cotton Net - 4 Pack;
-BOOK A Family Guide To Waste-Free Living;
-BOOK Quitting Plastic;
-THAT RED HOUSE Organic Soapberries;
-4 MY EARTH Food Covers Set Of 4;
-EVER ECO Bamboo Straws - 4 Pack;
-EVER ECO Nut Milk Bag U-Shaped Design;
-THE AUSTRALIAN NATURAL SOAP CO Original Solid Shampoo Bar;
-EVER ECO Tote Bag;
-THE NATURAL FAMILY CO. Bio Toothbrush - Twin Pack;
-EVER ECO Reusable Fruit & Veg Bags + Storage Pouch - 4 Pack;
-THE FAMILY HUB ORGANICS Vegan Food Wraps Kitchen Set;
-WOOHOO Surf Deodorant Paste;
-EVER ECO Stainless Steel Bottle Insulated - Sage - 750ml; and
Total prize value equals $434.50.
- The prize must be taken as offered and no substitutes or exchanges of products can be made. The prize is not redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be transferred, except at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- The winner will be selected at random by a draw at the Promoter’s premises at 8 Davidson Terrace, Joondalup WA 6027 within two (2) business days of the competition closing date. The prize winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the competition closing date. To claim their prize, the prize winner must contact the Promoter with verification of their details within seven (7) calendar days of notification (“Notification Period”).
- Collection or delivery of the prize will be arranged with the prize winners directly. The winners may be asked to participate in a photo and have their names used in a competition winner announcement. The winner’s name and photograph will be published on the Own Your Impact online channels including, but not limited to, website and social media. The winner may also be given an option to participate in other publicity.
- If a prize winner does not contact the Promoter within the Notification Period, or for any reason is unable accept the prize, the winner will forfeit all rights to claim the prize and a re-draw will be undertaken at the Promoter’s premises at 8 Davidson Terrace, Joondalup WA 6027. The alternative winner(s) will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the date of the re-draw.
- Information obtained from a person’s entry and participation in the competition will be used by the Promoter and its agents to determine the prize winner and to contact the entrant about information relevant to the Own Your Impact initiative. By participating in the competition, an entrant consents to his or her inclusion on the Own Your Impact mailing list and the use and disclosure of its information for the above purposes. Information obtained from a person’s entry will be retained by the Promoter unless and until the person informs the Promoter that it no longer consents to being contacted about the Own Your Impact initiative.
- Entrants’ data will be used by the Promoter and its relevant contracted staff for the sole use of the Own Your Impact campaign. It will not be shared with any other third-party.
- Any dispute regarding these terms and conditions and the validity of an entry will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter and the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, agents and contractors) and the Western Australian Government are not in any way liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by a person, directly or indirectly, in connection with this competition. The Promoter is not liable for, and takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this competition.
- If for any reason the Promoter is unable to run the competition, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and invalidate any affected entries.
- This competition is in no way endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook or Instagram in any capacity.