THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. WE'LL BE ANNOUNCING A WINNER SOON.
We’ll be announcing a winner soon for our first ever giveaway - an awesome hamper valued at more than $300 packed full of items that will help one lucky person to own their impact in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry and when they're out and about.
Included in the hamper (which was helpfully curated by the team at Zero Store) is:
- 12oz reusable coffee cup
- Stainless-steel water bottle
- An on-the-go set including wooden cutlery, straw and cleaner in a pouch
- Set of 5 reusable produce bags
- 2 special bags to keep your fruit and veg fresh for longer)
- Reusable silicone food wraps (to replace plastic wrap)
- Wooden dish washing brush and kitchen scrub pad made from coconut fibre
- Olive oil dish soap (for a plastic-free way to wash your dishes)
- Soapberries (for a plastic-free way to wash your laundry)
- Bamboo clothes pegs
- Shampoo and conditioner bars
- Natural deodorant
- Bamboo toothbrush
Please note that entries are no longer being accepted for this competition, however you can still sign up to our newsletter which will help you to own your impact by scrolling to the bottom of the page below.
Be inspired by one of our top tips
Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter of this hamper competition (“competition”) is the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation, of 168 St Georges Terrace, Western Australia 6000 (“Promoter”).
- Own Your Impact is an initiative of the WA Government, managed by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation of Western Australia.
- By participating in this competition each entrant accepts these terms and conditions. Any instructions on how to enter this competition set out in promotional material published by the Promoter forms part of the terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and information or instructions set out in the promotional material, these conditions will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- To be eligible, entrants must be Western Australian residents and aged 18 years and over.
- Employees (or immediate family members of employees) and contractors of the Promoter and third-party organisations affiliated with the Own Your Impact website and Facebook pages are not eligible to enter.
- Entries will be accepted between 00:01am (WST) Monday 31 December 2018 and 11:59pm (WST) Monday 14 January 2019 (“Competition Period”).
- To enter, a person must sign up to the Own Your Impact mailing list during the Competition Period by fully and correctly completing the online form at https://ownyourimpact.com.au/win. The validity of an entry will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. If more than one entry is received from a person, only the first entry will be valid. If you have previously signed up to the Own Your Impact mailing list but wish to enter the competition you may re-subscribe during the Competition Period to be in the running for the prize draw.
- The prize is as listed below:
- One (1) 12oz reusable coffee cup
- One (1) Stainless-steel water bottle
- One (1) on-the-go set including wooden cutlery, straw and cleaner in a pouch
- One (1) set of 5 reusable produce bags
- Two (2) special bags to keep your fruit and veg fresh for longer
- Three (3) Reusable silicone food wraps (to replace plastic wrap)
- One (1) wooden dish washing brush and kitchen scrub pad made from coconut fibre
- One (1) olive oil dish soap (for a plastic-free way to wash your dishes)
- One (1) packet of soapberries (for a plastic-free way to wash your laundry)
- One (1) packet of bamboo clothes pegs
- One (1) set of Shampoo and conditioner bars
- One (1) natural deodorant
- One (1) bamboo toothbrush
- The total prize pool is $308
- The prize must be taken as offered and no substitutes or exchanges of products can be made. The prize is not redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be transferred, except at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- The winner will be selected at random by a draw at the Promoter’s premises at 168 St Georges Terrace, WA 6000 within two (2) business days of the competition closing date. The prize winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the competition closing date. To claim their prize, the prize winner must contact the Promoter with verification of their details within seven (7) calendar days of notification (“Notification Period”).
- Collection or delivery of the prize will be arranged with the prize winner directly. The winner will be asked to participate in a photo and have their first name used in a competition winner announcement. The winner’s name and photograph will be published on the Own Your Impact online channels including, but not limited to, website and social media. The winner may also be given an option to participate in other publicity.
- If the prize winner does not contact the Promoter within the Notification Period, or for any reason is unable accept the prize, the winner will forfeit all rights to claim the prize and a re-draw will be undertaken at the Promoter’s premises at 168 St Georges Terrace, WA 6000. The alternative winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the date of the re-draw.
- Information obtained from a person’s entry and participation in the competition will be used by the Promoter and its agents to determine the prize winner and to contact the entrant about information relevant to the Own Your Impact initiative. By participating in the competition, an entrant consents to his or her inclusion on the Own Your Impact mailing list and the use and disclosure of its information for the above purposes. Information obtained from a person’s entry will be retained by the Promoter unless and until the person informs the Promoter that it no longer consents to being contacted about the Own Your Impact initiative.
- Entrants’ data will be used by the Promoter and its relevant contracted staff for the sole use of the Own Your Impact campaign. It will not be shared with any other third-party.
- Any dispute regarding these terms and conditions and the validity of an entry will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter and the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, agents and contractors) and the Western Australian Government are not in any way liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by a person, directly or indirectly, in connection with this competition. The Promoter is not liable for, and takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this competition.
- If for any reason the Promoter is unable to run the competition, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and invalidate any affected entries.
- This competition is in no way endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook or Instagram in any capacity.